I always assume business owners know what to do with Google Analytics, but after speaking at a conference recently, I realize that might not be the case. So I want to go over what the free analytics tool can do for your business, as well as give you tips for using it properly.
Essentially, Google Analytics tells you about the number of visitors your website gets, as well as where they’re coming from, and what pages they like the most. Any marketing you do can be measured by looking at your analytics. You can:
- See what blog posts resonated with your readers
- See what days traffic spiked on your site, and correlate that with any sales or promotions you’ve done
- Find out what other sites are referring the most traffic to your site
- See if a press release generated clicks to your site
- Check how many visitors a blog review netted
- Determine how many of your visitors end up buying on your site.