Use Your Existing Customer Profile Data To Build The Perfect Target Market
When creating a list of companies and titles to reach out to, there are several tips that can ensure you are reaching out to the right prospects. As a best practice, it’s extremely valuable to keep a profile of your existing customers. If you know the right information about companies you already work with, you can craft more effective messages and sell more effectively to companies that could be interested in your solutions/services. Here are some tips to ensure you are collecting the right data about your ideal customer segmentation.
Knowing your Customers
Questions to answer about your ideal customer (Company):
- What is the size of the company (# of employees, revenue or both)?
- Where is the company located?
- What is the industry classification? (don’t rely on SIC or NAICS codes as they can be too general of a classification)
- If you are a VAR or depend on existing software in order to sell your solutions and services, what technology does the company already use?
Knowing your Contacts
Questions to answer about your ideal person to reach out to:
- What is their title? (the first initial contact you had a conversation with)
- What level are they? (Executive, VP, Director, Manager)
- What is their preferred method of communication? (Email, Phone Call, Text, Social Media etc)
Once you have this information, you have the tools to build an ideal segmentation data set.
- Size: 50 -250 Employees with a Revenue between 5M – 200M
- Location: United States
- Industry: SaaS Companies
- Technology Used: Salesforce
- Titles: Marketing, Lead Generation, Demand Generation,
- Level: Director
- Preferred Communication: Email
You may have to segment this data by each product/solution you have or each price set you have. The more analysis you have about your existing customers, the more specific you can be with your messaging.
If you know even more data about your first initial contact with your customer, i.e. “they just received funding when we first reached out” or “they were growing and hired x employees when we chatted the first time”, you can use this intelligence to form your messaging and reach out at the right time. Companies that are going through growth, change, expansion, etc are 8 – 10x more likely to respond positively to your outreach.
At Lead411, our customers that have gone through this exercise and keep track of all of this data for each new customer they have, are more successful with their outreach efforts. If you would like us to help you build a segmented list fueled by sales intelligence, contact us today. We have over 38 million records with verified emails and mobile direct dials, so you can reach out to the right contacts, at the right time with the right conversation.
4 Types of Intent Data for B2B Sales for 2023
Intent data is a popular way for companies to connect with customers that may be passively researching solutions that align with that company’s offerings. A buyer’s journey is usually a series of events over time, comparing solutions, doing research, and collecting...
Growth Intent and Lead Scoring Combined give Sales Teams a Huge Advantage
It’s no mystery that leads need to be nurtured through the sales funnel in order to keep them warm and moving forward. Colder leads need more time, as the intent of the relationship needs to be realized and formulated on both sides before a qualification can be...
How to determine Total Addressable Market (TAM) with Analysis in 2023
What is the size of your potential market? Who are these companies? Where can I find them? These are all important questions for both new business entrepreneurs and established fortune 500 companies alike. Measuring the TAM for your business helps determine a go-to...